Defold 1.9.0 BETA

This is going to be yet another great release! :heart:

And thank you so much for the extensive Release Notes!

:partying_face:

and:

Yes! Finally! Tilemap editor getting updates is amazing! :paintbrush:

10 Likes

What a great news! Group selection for tileset is game changer for me. Without this adding building or big tree was sooooo frustrating. Thank you for adding this! Also frustrum culling sounds great, I will check this right away!

Edit: It seems to really make a change! May map is only 192x192 with 4 layers and just by replacing 1.7.0 to 1.9.0 beta avg FPS went from 1020 to 1150! Can’t wait to try it on larger maps :smiley:

Edit2: Guys, its wild! 512x512 and still +1000 fps (up to 1200 when I stay in place where only 1 layer is used). In comparison, in Defold 1.7.0 FPS has dropped to ~500.

10 Likes

Um, my keyboard keys no longer work. :astonished:
Well, just the space bar. But arrow or whatever else I was using no longer works…

1 Like

I notice Liniting is automatic now, which really slows down my build. I do not see an option to disable it in the editor. Is disabling it supported?

Also, my game now takes a longer time to transition between tilemap building scenes. If need be, I can provide videos. I am really looking forward to the tilemap culling. :frowning:

2 Likes

Tilemap getting updates is awesome! Thanks!

3 Likes

What OS are you on?

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
8 GB RAM
64-Bit OS

1 Like

Not sure what you did but opening the editor and projects is even faster than before. Thank you!

5 Likes

I’ve pushed a fix for the inputs to beta just now. It will be available in 40 minutes or so when this action completes: Fix crash on android when events are issued that are not supported (#… · defold/defold@755eddd · GitHub

3 Likes

please open an issue for that and provide as much info as possible

On a Macbook with a 60Hz display, both our game and defold-metrics now appear to be running at 120fps even with vsync enabled.
It could be related to this GLFW issue.

I have done so. Thank you very much for helping.

Defold 1.9.0 (9f9927c98a4fd29b7d04555b009d8d3322577166)
when called “model.set_mesh_enabled” in cases:

1. when added game object (A) → component model not found
  2. when added game object file → CRASH

TestModel_MeshEnabled.zip (137.8 KB)

in Defold 1.8.1 this is all OK

Seems I cannot do the Android build (1.8.1 works).

log.txt

com.samskivert.mustache.MustacheException$Context: No method or field with name ‘env’ on line 1
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.checkForMissing(Template.java:344)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.getValue(Template.java:247)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.getCompoundValue(Template.java:260)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.getValue(Template.java:244)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.getValueOrDefault(Template.java:292)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Mustache$VariableSegment.execute(Mustache.java:872)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.executeSegs(Template.java:170)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.execute(Template.java:137)
at com.samskivert.mustache.Template.execute(Template.java:128)
at com.defold.extender.TemplateExecutor.execute(TemplateExecutor.java:19)
at com.defold.extender.Extender.(Extender.java:266)
at com.defold.extender.Extender.(Extender.java:295)
at com.defold.extender.AsyncBuilder.asyncBuildEngine(AsyncBuilder.java:100)
at com.defold.extender.AsyncBuilder$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$3a887347.invoke()
at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:218)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:783)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:163)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.proceed(CglibAopProxy.java:753)
at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.AsyncExecutionInterceptor.lambda$invoke$0(AsyncExecutionInterceptor.java:115)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

1 Like

It seems like you use wrong extender (build server), please change it in properties to
https://build-stage.defold.com

Oh! Yes that does it. :+1:

This is great and works perfectly. I almost gave up on using Tiled (but not yet).
The built-in tilemap editor is getting better, thank you.

However, there is a problem: if we can flip the tile in the Editor, then we need to be able to get this with get_tile()or something like get_tile_flip(). Maybe something similar to Tiled flipes.
In my case, I’m replacing decorative tiles with animated sprites (the tiles are just placeholders), and I need to know if they are flipped or not, so I can flip the sprite in the same way.

5 Likes

Please add a feature request on github!

2 Likes

We have a fix coming for this.

2 Likes