Defold 1.7.0 has been released

You can also bind storage buffers and write using atomics, I think we’ll have to cross that bridge when we get to it :slight_smile:

This kind of setup would be really useful to be an example project / module. Any 3D modules should include these features in their examples / easy setup for it. Could you share something stand alone?

I make a note about making demo.

But not in near future)

Now i have focus on next game)

4 Likes

I’m really upset that the built-in font was removed, as there was no clear reason (at least for me) to remove it. Now, every older project fails since 1.7.0 if it wasn’t updated, because many of them were using the built-in font and you need to click through all components and replace it with default.font one by one… I would be ok with only adding the new fonts, but what is the reasoning behind removing the old one?

Because 1-2 times a week, we faced the question “why is my text is always on top?” We could continue to answer the same question repeatedly, but the recurring nature of this question indicates that there is an issue with that.

The font’s name, ‘/builtins/fonts/system_font.font’, does not clarify its purpose. Even if we retained it, it’s likely that people would still encounter similar issues, perhaps slightly less frequently.

Sometimes we have to make changes that aren’t backward compatible, but these changes should help to clarify and resolve confusion in such areas.

4 Likes