Defold 1.5.0 has been released

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce this issue. Could you please share your project in private messages (or on GitHub) so I can reproduce it and then fix

1 Like

I’ve just noticed the last visit of @gameanalytics was in June 2022. Does Defold team have direct contact with the GameAnalytics guys? need to bring them back to this forum. :smiley:

Thanks! I’ll try to make and share a small project that reproduces it.

Good news:

• can’t reproduce with Intel MacOS (so it is most likely Apple Silicon specific)
  • maybe I can diff the output artifacts between Apple Silicon and Intel to see what differences there are :thinking:
2 Likes

Yes we do. I can ping them. But I would hope that they are also triaging incoming issues to their GitHub repos.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
got error, not sure is it related to 1.5.0 update

1.5.0 has been updated with a fix for this issue:

4 Likes

great update and all but… where my shader structs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Your… what? :thinking: UBOs?

Am I missing something… why did my Defold just tell me there is an update available when I am on stable and 1.6 isn’t out yet and my engine is 1.5.0? GH releases show 1.5 as latest stable with 1.5.1 as alpha and 1.6 as beta

Which channel does your editor say you are on? “editor-alpha” or “stable”? (“editor-alpha” is the recommended one)

We make a new release every month, with the latest engine.
Then, during the month, we also publish editor-only fixes as they arrive.
Here are the latest changes for the editor-dev branch, which is the public version of the editor.

If you check the 1.5.0 release on github, you’ll also notice that the editor is updated there, as we add new fixes to it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the catch! I thought I was on stable but I’m not. My bad, as long as its editor-only I don’t mind live alpha fixes. I’m just developing a LTF and worried it could break somewhere inside if I take a break for a month.