Defold 1.3.6 has been released

I have the same problem.
I’m just running a build on Windows 10 in the editor

These are all awesome changes! As someone else said, each update is bringing more and more cool stuff! One small question, though:

Is 1.3.6 backwards compatible with loading older saves? I suppose so, but it would be pretty bad for players to lose their saved progress when they update the game, so I’m asking just to be sure.

1.3.5 → 1.3.6 ok
1.3.6 → 1.3.5 doesn’t work

3 Likes

1.3.5 → 1.3.6 doesn’t work in my case :thinking:

(defold editor on windows 10)

buffer (63 bytes) too small for table, exceeded at ‘Main’ for element #3

We have this too. I thought we tested the beta. ¯\(ツ)

1 Like

I’m sure all of us did, but apparently not enough and not with enough variation in the data. It has to do with memory alignment of numbers so it doesn’t always happen unfortunately. I’m working on a fix for the issue and we will release a new version tomorrow. We also discovered an issue with luajit on Linux that we’ll fix at the same time.

3 Likes

Late, but I have the issue on windows 10 also, running from the editor.

Hello,
First, thanks for all the work you have done on this release.

I’m pretty new to Defold, so maybe I miss something but with the new version (1.3.6) when I try to launch a project (even on empty project) I got some error with the following message

Cannot run program “/home/cmarc/.Defold/unpack/f06501e9ac279cae0372b04f3fbc2800f7ecaf9c/x86_64-linux/bin/luajit-32”: error=2, No such file or directory

I have never seen this error with prior version of Defold so for the moment I stay on the version 1.3.5. If anybody has a solution, I’d be happy to.

System information

• Distribution: Fedora 36
  • Architecture: x86_64
1 Like

If you really want to update, check here for a workaround: Cannot run program "home/admin/.Defold/.../x86_64-linux/bin/luajit-32": error=2, Folder or file does not exist - #11 by kovarskic

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, I’ll do this.

1 Like

We will release a new version with a fix later today.

9 Likes

Sorry for the delay. The release is building now.

7 Likes

Aaand it has been released!

New engine sha1 is 65e2f79be3b8c99f1999a976399a17eb31a79ff2. Editor updates should work and GitHub and d.defold.com has been updated.

9 Likes

Just confirming that I no longer have issues with saving. Thanks!

6 Likes

Another confirm for it working now!

5 Likes

I can also confirm that the problem with LuaJIT is gone.

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming that the update fixed the issues. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Just got around to testing this now, and it seems this crash is still there in 1.3.6:

This relase didn’t fix that crash?
We do however have a fix for Android 13 devices in the 1.3.7 beta.

Okay great. I didn’t see the fix in either release, but must have missed it!