DAABBCC: Dynamic AABB Tree native extension with Branch and Bound Algorithm

I will check it, thanks for clarification! :wink:

1 Like

I had assumed (wrongly, I think) this would help me separate game objects from each other (similar to how dynamic collisions with a gravity of 0 would work). I’m guessing this is something I need to implement on my own, but I’m not sure how.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do this?

I’m not 100% sure what you mean but this extension nothing to do with dynamic collisions. It is just a fast AABB test. You can just check if two(or more) AABBs collide or not. When they collide it is up to you how to separate them. If you are moving your objects by using velocity then you can change it when collision occur.

1 Like

I was referencing dynamic collisions as an example of the type of behavior I want to replicate.

I got the tests working and I think I know how to detect when there’s an overlap/collision. My goal now is to separate them, but I’m not sure how to do that. Changing by velocity is one way. I’m not committed to any specific type of movement yet.

I think this is the behaviour desired:

Taken from:

Note I haven’t tested this myself!

1 Like

Basically, yes. But I can recall this having a lot of jittering the last time I checked it out.

Not sure how it was implemented on @Alex_8BitSkull suggested project but if you want a crowd(flock) control, you can use steering behaviors(separation).

http://www.red3d.com/cwr/boids/

And there are other algorithms which you can implement for increasing performance.

4 Likes

Small update…

• Internal Update Frequency added. Default value is set from game.project file (display.frequency).
    It is now possible to set a new internal(independent from Defold game loop) update frequency by using aabb.update_frequency().
  • Fixed #9
3 Likes