Collision shape is not scaling if collisionobject component placed in child gameobject

I attach a sample project where you can see the problem in case of “Dynamic logo 1” (logo.collection->go1->child).
In the 8th line of the main.script i create the logo.collection dynamically with 0.5 scale value (main.collection->logo2->collectionfactory).
There are 2 logos in it. The difference between them is that the first logo is in a child gameobject (go1->child), while the second one is in the root object (go2).
This problem doesn’t exist when i attach logo.collection statically to the main.collection (main.collection->logo1).

CollisionBug.zip (548.7 KB)

1 Like

I believe this thread has more info: How do you dynamically scale collision object and/or dynamically remove part of a spine scene with script

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware of this workaround that you can recreate the game object with the appropriate scale value in order to scale the collision shape, but unfortunately it doesn’t work in this case. Despite the fact that i set the scale value at creation, the collision shape is not scaled if the collisionobject is in a child game object. You can see this if you take a look at my sample project. This is clearly a bug in my opinion because the behavior is different compared to the case when the collisionobject is in a root gameobject.

3 Likes

Moreover on my side if the locked rotation property of the collisionobject is ticked then the collision shape can be rotated anyway. You may take a look at this issue as well. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, we agree it’s a bug.

4 Likes