Problem exporting from DragonBones animated model (DEFEDIT-1029)

Hello, this is my first post here. I am using DragonBones program for 2D animation, and had some issues, when i import my model in Defold. I will tell my steps, maybe someone have already encountered the same problem and will be able to help me.
So first in DragonBones i added meshes to my sprites and added bones, when exported it as a Spine 3.3 version, and imported files to Defold, created Atlas and added images, created spine scene and added J.son and Atlas, it worked fine without animation. But when i added some animation to my 2D model, and repeated all steps i mentioned before, the unknown Error appear in Defold after I add J.son and Atlas to the Spine scene. The program thinks that file is broken or smth, but everything is okei with it, i don’t know where is the problem, the animation works perfect in Dragonbones.

Defold don’t support all features of Spine 3.x, so it might be something related to that. Would you mind uploading your JSON file and images so I could try it out?

I made very simple animation without deforming any meshes, to test it out in Defold, maybe something is wrong with my model sctructure i don’t realy know. I even tried to use Example model from the DragonBones, which had more advanced animation and it worked.
I tried to upload JSON, but it says that “Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, mp3, lua, python, script, zip, cpp, mov, webm, m4v, mp4).”

You should be able to create zip with the JSON and image files, which you are able to upload to the forum. :slight_smile:

spine.zip (1009.8 KB)
I hope it will help to find solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using Editor 2?

The Spine scene worked fine in Editor 1 and engine for me, but didn’t work in Editor 2 at all. I’ll forward this to the Editor 2 team, but let me know if you were having problems with Editor 1 or engine/runtime.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting! I’ve registered a bug in our internal tracking system and attached the test scene to the issue. The issue number is DEFEDIT-1029.

1 Like

Yes, i was using Editor 2.
Thanks, i will download Editor 1 and try things out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @titanas159,

Thanks for reporting this. I believe we have now fixed this issue in editor2 so if you update to the latest version you should be able to open the problematic scene.

In case anyone is interested, the issue was that Dragon Bones seems to produce timelines where the keyframes for the animated property has no value, for example, an excerpt from the scene you attached:

"slots": {
  "head crying": {
    "color": [
      {
        "time": 0
      },
      {
        "time": 1.3333
      }
    ],
},

Here there is a slot timeline with keyframes for “color”, but there are no actual color values specified. editor2 did not handle this case as gracefully as it should’ve.

3 Likes