Guys,need help

Is there anyone that can help with the game? Need to make one for graduate work? Answer pls if you are ready to make game,i am not that good at Defold (i dont know how to add objects)

The intent of coursework in education is to educate you. We can answer questions to facilitate your learning, but it is up to YOU to do the work.

7 Likes

Why don’t you just do it yourself and post your really need help questions here? Actually no one is interesting in other people’s work without benefits :))

2 Likes

:angry: A future copy-and-paste developer, who goes through life plagiarizing works!

(Plagiarism is the representation of another person’s language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions as one’s own original work) :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

No need to be this harsh. Others have already stated that there’s nothing to gain by asking someone else to do the job for you.

Have you read any of the documentation? I suggest that you start by following one of the Defold tutorials. You can start one of the tutorials directly from within the editor:

You can also follow this great tutorial series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJ-oDz-GcI

3 Likes

Asking for help is the right move to make . You need a plan, this is key, focus on getting a plan sorted out. Ideally your school will have assigned you a tutor you can go and talk to. My guess is that the game or game engine does not matter that much, or even if you get a working game. It is all about being able to structure an assignment and work through what you have said you are going to do and write it up. Even if you have left it too late this time, putting work into learning this process is worth it.

4 Likes

Isn’t there? Possibly there’s a language barrier here, but it seems like the poster is blatantly asking for someone to help them cheat at school and commit plagiarism. Wouldn’t they be expelled or at least put on academic probation if any of their teachers found out about this? And if the poster doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with what they’re asking, then yeah, that would give pretty sinister prospects for their future.

1 Like

:thinking:

to the point :point_down:

or more subtle? :point_down:

I think that while you are correct, that the “question” is not something I’d recommend , we can also do much better in the tone in which we choose to answer. Calling someone a future plagiarist isn’t a good look imho. We can simply tell them we won’t do their work for them.

E.g. the initial answer was quite instructive in its simplicity.
Or for instance point towards the tutorials, and that would be that.

So, there is no need to the harsh language from the more senior members.
Be informative, but mind the language, or simply abstain from interacting.

3 Likes

Excuse me, in my country we tell it like it is! :wink:

In your country, what do they call the one who steals? :thinking:

Really, I’m lost for words here.

You are really calling the OP a thief now?

2 Likes

It’s your words, not mine! :wink:

If you don’t know how to understand what you’re reading, don’t put words in other people’s texts! :unamused:

Just wait until you learn about chatgpt.

To be clear: I do not condone cheating in any shape or form.

The OP could use Chat GPT or copy one of our tutorials and hand it in as their own and there’s nothing we can do about it. But since the OP asked here several people politely answered the OP to put in the effort and actually learn something. This is the tone I prefer if everyone can keep on this forum even when they do not agree with someone.

2 Likes

Well, we are talking about a specific post, which you first called “a future copy-and-paste developer, who goes through life plagiarizing works”. That alone is very harsh, and we told you so.

Then, after we asked for a civil tone in the post, you asked us to clarify what we would call him, by saying this:

Excuse me, in my country we tell it like it is! :wink:

In your country, what do they call the one who steals? :thinking:

Since we are still talking a bout a specific post here, it’s very hard to read this as anything other than an direct accusation.

If you don’t know how to understand what you’re reading, don’t put words in other people’s texts! :unamused:

I’m sorry, but I think my understanding of your wording was quite clear.
And, even you didn’t apologise, or let us know that you will keep a more civil tone in the future, I’m willing to let it go this time.

3 Likes