Error preventing me from opening defold editor

I deleted editor 1 and re-installed it and now it works

1 Like

I canā€™t remember exactly, but the dialogue box that popped up had a details button which linked me to this page when I clicked on it https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_AU1

same in window 7. Both editor still loading and didnot open project. help please.

Can you please describe the problem in s bit more detail? Where did you unpack the files? What happens when you run it? Which version did you download?

i unpack it in d drive and splash screen still loading from an hour.

is defold run with java version install in window because i have jdk1.8 ?

We bundle our own version of Java. Can you try running as administrator?

Can you share defold editor logs? They are located in C:\Users\%Your Username%\AppData\Local\Defold

yes, but didnot know how to answer?

In that folder there should be files like editor2.%date%.log ā€” please post here a file with most recent date.

1 Like

here file, it didnot let me upload log file so i changed it to .txt file
editor2.2019-07-31.txt (31.4 KB)

i see the config file where codes are written :-
[platform]
osx =-Xdock:icon=${bootstrap.resourcespath}/logo.icns,-Xdock:name=Defold
windows =

is that right for windows

The log shows this:

JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR editor.gl - {:line 83}
com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: renderbuffer [attachmentType DEPTH_STENCIL, iformat 0x88f0] failed: Unsupported FBO format

Thereā€™s some OpenGL errors in the log. What kind of graphics card do you have and is your drivers updated?

1 Like

intelĀ® 4 series express chipset family

Can you please check for a graphics driver update? Can you run other OpenGL based applications?

yes, i use blender 3d software and i have openGl2.1

i donnot understant why it didnot load editor? i use big editors like blender3d , unity3d etc.

Different applications/editors can use different features of OpenGL. It so happens that your current setup does not support a certain ā€œrenderbuffer formatā€. As @britzl pointed out, I would suggest seeing if there are any newer drivers for your graphics card.

Iā€™m not sure what feature in the editor needs the mentioned renderbuffer format, Iā€™ll leave that question to @mats.gisselson.

is there any lower version?

ā€¦of what? The editor? No, the current editor uses OpenGL, and apparently features above version 2.1 which you currently have.

We might look into this, (to be OpenGL ES compatible), but in the meantime, as suggested, you should look into updating your graphics drivers. Have you tried that?