Dune Knight. Water Rush

Hello everyone. I participated in Defold jam. This is the current version of the game, which I did on Defold. The theme of jam was Ancient Technology. I decided that the player will need to build aqueducts. In this game, I tried to combine the two genres: the game in the style of Pipe Dream and Top down action 2d shooter. You can try HTML5 version of the game.
To drive use WASD or arrow keys. Mouse to aim at the enemy and the left mouse button to shoot. You can also use the right mouse button to view the map and switch to the mode of construction or repair the machine.
Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Here is gameplay video:

5 Likes

I like it. Very action packed! I quickly got overrun by too many enemies though… (but I’m a lousy gamer)

Why not make player reroute aqueduct, instead of building it from scratch? Like in that railroad game that also was on Jam (and tons of other games about pipes and/or rail tracks). You look at pipe map, find what parts you need to rotate, drive to them and press the button.

It would remove the need to explain how you build things so fast and fit the theme (not that it matter much any more) much better - you don’t build new aqueduct, you fix an ancient one.

Other than that - same thing I would recommend to my own game - add more weapons. Especially something for crowd clearing and/or control - such as grenade.

hmm … I have not thought about rotation before. It sounds good and it seems that solves a lot of problems. Thank’s for the good tip. I will try to change this part of game.
More weapons will be added later. Of course there will be my favourite shotgun and grenades :slight_smile:

I think I would prefer this as well.

I will show the game on local game festival Game Planet.

4 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes