Working with extensions while offline ( Solved )

Well, I’m Cuban and I have limited access to the Internet, so I’ve been wondering if there is any way to point Defold to use the downloaded Github extension so I can download it once and use it multiple times while offline.

PS: Sorry if there is any error with my english, I’m not a native speaker.

1 Like

If extensions contain native code they need to be built in the cloud once to produce a custom engine for you. This engine will be cached in your project folder and reused in future builds.

When it comes to the general problem of accessing dependencies when offline you could download your dependencies as zip files and use a local server to access them via localhost. Python can do this for instance:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer

This will start a local server on port 8000 and serve files from the current directory.

3 Likes

Additional notes on working offline in this manual: https://defold.com/manuals/working-offline/

2 Likes

Thank you @britzl , that’s exactly what I was looking for. This will be very helpful for me and the friends I’m introducing to Defold.

Why not directly saving them into the project directory?

Yes, this can obviously also be done, but I find it cleaner to switch back and forth if you use dependencies instead of copying and deleting folders. But it is a matter of taste.

1 Like