This extension pack is a collection of popular extensions for Defold. The pack was based on the guide how to turn VSCode into Defold IDE with debugger.
Defold Extension Pack
What’s in the pack:
- Defold Buddy - a collection of tools for Defold projects
- Lua - for Lua syntax highlight and linting
- Shader Languages Support - syntax highlighter for shader languages (hlsl, glsl, cg)
- GLSL Lint - linting of OpenGL shading language
- Lua Format - Lua code formatter
- TextProto - Protocol Buffer syntax highlighting for .go, .gui, .collection files
IntelliSense for Defold API
Autocompletion for Defold URLs in .script files
Note: read about the addressing if you are not familiar with the concept.
Run "Project > Build" from VSCode (requires Defold editor opened in background)
Note: you can set a hotkey for this command as well as for any other command
Hot reloading when .script and .lua files are saved
Generate manifest (reduce game bundle size)
You can generate the app manifest from Defold editor:
Or from VSCode:
Feedback is very much welcome. Feel free to create a feature request or report an issue on Github.
Luna Paint - Edit images in VSCode to quickly create prototype game assets