Unable to publish branch

Hi there.
I’m working with Defold for half a year now, our project has several developers (with several computers) and it keeps getting bigger.
About a couple of days ago I’m starting to get “Unable to publish branch” error when I want to push some changes from my home computer. No particular explanation was given, so I created a new branch and it’s pushed fine. But now, after several successful pushes, I’m getting this error again and number of changes this time is pretty reasonable so I can’t simply create a new branch.
My question is: how can I get more information about this error? Or what should I do?

Ouch, that’s a really inconvenient error! :frowning:

I would recommend you to try two things;

1. Are you familiar with some external Git tool? What would happen if you used such a tool in the project directory and did a pull/push, any errors? (You can navigate to the project directory on disk by right-clicking on a file in the project explorer and choosing “Show in Finder”, or “Show in Explorer” if I’m not mistaken. This directory is just a regular Git repository so you should be able to use your external Git tool from here.)
  2. Try opening the project in Editor 2 with the “Open from disk” option. Can you synchronize your project from the newer editor?

Again, very inconvenient, sorry for this happening to you!

1 Like

Apparently I was behind by 2 commits. External “git pull” worked fine and my problem was solved, thank you!
So does this mean synchronize not always pulls first?

3 Likes

As far as I know it should do a pull first, strange! You didn’t encounter any conflict of sorts?

Good that you managed to solve it anyway! :+1:

1 Like

Nope, everything merged fine and I’ve never encountered this kind of problem earlier, synchronize always worked how it’s supposed to.
Well, at least now I have a solution for possible next time :smiley:

3 Likes