Unable to load library 'texc_shared' (SOLVED)

Where are you in the world, I’m UK, are you willing to have a team viewer connection? I think the only way were going to get to sort this out is if someone logs on to your pc and takes a look at Defold directly.

4 Likes

Have same problem on fresh installation of windows 10. http://prnt.sc/e16ryd

I’m from brazil. Yeah I was thinking that too. I’ll download the team viewer

1 Like

Ok whats the best time for you? @mr.shtrudell are you willing to do the same?

Almost any time of the day, as long as I have my laptop with me. I usually leave it at home during the day.
Just say a day and hour (with utc/gmt time zone, mine is UTC-4h) and I’ll bring with me.

OK, ignore the pm I sent you, how about tomorrow, 9.00 am your time, would make it 1.00 pm my time, or later on in a couple of hours

I’m here with the laptop already. But can be that too

1 Like

Oh ok, will link up now, have your pm

2 Likes

I see the thread is marked as solved. :slight_smile: @Davej please contact us, we would be extremely glad to know how and if you solved it! :smiley:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, gents there’s nothing to report, we connected via skype and as luck would have it, the IDE ran first time, on his laptop, much to @edscaylart happy surprise. However it’s still not running on his Desktop, so I’ve offered help if he needs it.

3 Likes

Actually it works on my Desktop and didn’t work on my Laptop. But I have formatted my laptop a few days ago and tried to build again, but I get the same error.
And yesterday did works. I don’t know how

And know I’m getting this. I’m so unlucky

Hello,

we’re currently having problems with our servers, this affects everyone and we’re working on it. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

4 Likes

Hello

Could you please try to download the following editor (an older version) and see if it works on your laptop? When you start the editor, make sure to press “No” when asked to update.

http://d.defold.com/archive/7ca47a7f7aa0e4809e31ab2274fd1693a1fc5a7e/stable/editor/Defold-win32.win32.x86.zip

2 Likes

Hi @edscaylart!
I wonder if you could try installing the vcredist for MSVC 2013 and try again after that?

Inspecting the texc_shared.dll (using the great tool Dependency Walker), it seems to depend on the MSVCR120.DLL, which should be part of that redist installer.

4 Likes

After a few days it becomes working!!! Guess there was something missing in my system. That can be video card driver, windows update or somthing else. Have not detected what exactly :frowning:
Now I’m updating to the new version of Defold. Hope it stays working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’ve actually included a fix for this in 1.2.97 as well: “DEF-2459 - Fixed: Editor 1 failed to load texc library on Windows”

1 Like

hey guys …
i’ve faced the same issue earlier …
its pretty easy
given error - Could not initialize class com.dynamo.bob.TexcLibrary.
it could not initialize it as there was no administrator permission granted.
try closing everything (defold) and restart it and run it as a administrator
this is surely going to fix it…it worked for me …
let me know if the issue still exist.