Unable to load library 'texc_shared' (SOLVED)

When I try build my project I’ve got this error

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=pt_BR
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error
Sun Jan 22 10:16:32 AMST 2017
Could not initialize class com.dynamo.bob.TexcLibrary

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.dynamo.bob.TexcLibrary
	at com.dynamo.bob.pipeline.TextureGenerator.generateFromColorAndFormat(TextureGenerator.java:174)
	at com.dynamo.bob.pipeline.TextureGenerator.generate(TextureGenerator.java:343)
	at com.dynamo.bob.pipeline.TextureGenerator.generate(TextureGenerator.java:86)
	at com.dynamo.bob.pipeline.TextureBuilder.build(TextureBuilder.java:48)
	at com.dynamo.bob.Project.runTasks(Project.java:611)
	at com.dynamo.bob.Project.doBuild(Project.java:454)
	at com.dynamo.bob.Project.build(Project.java:263)
	at com.dynamo.cr.editor.builders.ContentBuilder.buildLocal(ContentBuilder.java:135)
	at com.dynamo.cr.editor.builders.ContentBuilder.build(ContentBuilder.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:726)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:321)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:396)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project$1.run(Project.java:618)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.internalBuild(Project.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.java:124)
	at com.dynamo.cr.editor.handlers.LaunchHandler$1.run(LaunchHandler.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Which version of windows are you using? Have you been able to build and run before?

I’m using windows 10. Yes I’d have build and launch before, and next day just stop work…

What if you create a new empty project and try to build that? Does it work? Did something change from when it worked until now? A software update? Did you move the Defold installation?

I did tried create a new one and build, but I’ve for the same erro. I tried unzipped in another folder but nothing work.
I don’t remember if had any software update, I think not

Ok, hmm… could you try to run Defold as an administrator? Did you try to download a new version of Defold from the dashboard? We have tested on a Windows 8 and Windows 10 machine but so far not been able to reproduce the problem.

1 Like

Yes, I did all that but nothing worked. The weird part is that it did go well at the first time, and the next day just stopped.

Super strange idea out of the blue… Would you mind downloading a fresh installation of Defold, disable any antivirus-ish software you have and then giving it a try? I’m curious if some other software is blocking the extraction or access of the texc-DLL.

I’d disabled the firewall and windows defender. I’d unziped a fresh defold zip file, and still getting the same error.
I have no idea what I can do now.

Have you ever committed your project to git, if so, revert collections one at a time, and run the project after each revert.

Never, it’s a fresh new project. It’s my first time with defold, I was doing the tutorials.

Ok create a fresh project, see if that builds, you can then copy across each file as need from the old project

Yes, that’s what I did. I created a new one and build without edit any file. I did that again right now, and same error

Think you’ve got a read/write permission problem, I run my defold from the root of c:, try moving the folder to different locations, drives and run it from there, just to see if it will build.

Set the folder properties to uncheck readonly, and put an exception in any virus programme you have running.

Nothing is working. I’ve tried move the folder, put and exception in windows defender, even with him disabled…

if you’ve been following the tutorials, I’m presuming you don’t have anything critical in your projects, I would now delete the folder and start again, I’m now thinking that defender removed the com.dynabo.bob.TexcLibrary or is preventing it from access. re-download Defold, put an exception in defender to leave it alone, (just in case), and run Defold from the root of C: If this doesn’t work, I’m stumped.

I did all that and still not working.
The DLL file was always here:
C:\Defold\plugins\com.dynamo.cr.bob_1.0.0.201612191732\lib\x86-win32
and here
C:\Defold\plugins\com.dynamo.cr.bob_1.0.0.201612191732\lib\x86_64-win32

It worked at the first time. I don’t know what happened

Me, I would start from scratch, I’d delete the Defold folder, go into the dashboard, delete all the projects from in there, do a fresh download of Defold (I know again), run it from a second drive, disable defender completely, and kick something. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, cause the Defold engine is worth it.

Comment from @jakob.pogulis: If you delete a project from the dashboard all the content of your project will be lost. It will not be possible to retrieve the problem from the Defold services later on and you will either have to manually import everything from a backup, or start all over. This approach is something we strongly advice against from the Defold team, and if you think a problem with your project might be because of the Defold services, please contact us directly.

1 Like

I can’t see that there should be any implication of the project content, so no need to delete your projects from the dashboard. This must be something related to the Defold/Eclipse editor.

Still not working. Is there any chance to be related to a library path or something like?