Unable to bundle game: uncaught exception: Pure virtual function called! (SOLVED)

Hi!

I’m trying Defold for the Ludum Dare. Everything has gone really well except for this problem: the bundled game does not launch.

The HTML5 version loads and displays a black screen, and this error is printed in the console:

uncaught exception: Pure virtual function called!

The macOS version crashes just after being opened.

Building and testing from the editor (command-B) works very well, however.

I tried with another project (an example from britzl) and it worked fine, so the issue comes from my game.

I would really appreciate help before the Ludum Dare deadline! I guess I can provide more informations if someone tells me where to find them.

Thanks!

EDIT: It appears the problem was this:

WARNING:RESOURCE: Resource not found: /input/game.input_bindingc

If Game Binding is left to its default value, the error above appears. If you click on the ... button and explicitly choose the file game.input_binding, the error disappear, although the field looks exactly the same. By opening game.input_binding in text mode, I noticed that the line

game_binding = /input/game.input_bindingc

is only written if the Game Binding is not set to the default value.

So I guess the problem is solved.

Hmm, I haven’t experienced this problem myself. I assume this is from Editor 2? If this is the case it would be great if you could report the issue on our GitHub issues page as well. Use Help->Report an Issue from within the editor. Thanks!

Yes, I use Editor 2. I thought of reporting the issue, but I was too busy finishing my LD entry! I’ll do it as soon as possible.

Also, I could attach a sample project with this issue to see if you can reproduce it if you want.

Yes, please do!

So here is a sample project demonstrating the issue. All is explained in the readme.txt file.

game-input-binding-bug.zip (5.2 MB)