Strange Quest - Signing off

I am today very sad to say that Strange Quest as a game studio is no more.
Its been a very exciting ride with both ups and downs but we’ve reached our end station.

With this I really want to express my deepest gratitude towards this whole community and especially the very talented Defold team that has helped us both providing an excellent game engine and also unprecedented support. We got 2 nice games our there that we are really proud about.

This doesn’t in any way mean that I personally will stop using Defold and I will continue preaching it’s great features in my future professional carrier.

Once again thank you for this time! (I will probably pop up soon with a new account)

Andreas Jirenius
CTO
Strange Quest

15 Likes

Very sad to hear! I wish you the very best in your new projects.

2 Likes

This is sad indeed. I’ve been introduced to Defold by your streams.
Hopefully new opportunities will open soo

3 Likes

Good luck in the future! I know you have it in you to make more hits!

2 Likes

Thank you guys.
Yes I’m quite sure the future is bright even if it right now feels very heavy.

7 Likes

I agree, it’s sad to hear, but I am too convinced that you’ll come back with something great soon. :heart:

5 Likes

Is it possible to share links to the streams? :slight_smile:

A couple of videos are on his youtube channel here:

The rest I believe are gone.

1 Like

Andreas did post all of the projects made in the streams on his Github page https://github.com/AJirenius?tab=repositories

@andreas.strangequest Are you still using this username or another for now? We want to hear from you!

1 Like

Hm… Latest updates in repositories which are related to defold were in 2016.

Would be great if there would be some guide or best practices how to build headless defold for server usage.

The projects are still useful to learn from, there shouldn’t be many if any breaking changes since then.

headless server usage

What problems are you coming up against? Make a new thread for this?

Yeah, please make a new thread. I can probably offer some insights!