Spine playrate not correct on Windows (DEF-2887)

We have lots of Spine animations with “flipbook-animations” in the timeline. (one key of changed image per frame)
This works smoothly on OSX and iOS. But not so much on Windows.
The whole game is running on 60 fps with no stutter but the spine animation is barely looking like 20-30 fps stuttering in its animation.
The animation itself takes the same amount of time to play, it’s just as if it skips every second frame.

Windows 10
Defold 1.2.112

Edit: Now created a project with the case animation if interested. Project ID 71576.

2 Likes

Interesting, could you add me to the project so I could try locally?

By flipbook-animations do you mean toggling visibility for slots? (I’m not a Spine pro. :slight_smile: )

Hi Sven. I believe you should already be invited to the project (“Test_project_2” ID: 71576)
The flipbook is not really toggling visibility of slots but the images in the slot (at least this is how it is made within Spine editor). So it’s only one slot with several images.
I’m not sure how you interpret that in the end. I can recall us having a problem when trying animating slots as it didn’t seem to be support for that in Defold.
You will see the attachment of images being animated in the json file in test_project.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Ahh, yes I see. I have worked on the slots animation stuff quite recently, will look into it. Thanks!

2 Likes