Save shelter (old school fps) #CoronaDefoldJam

Yes sorry, I am probably being unclear. That is the problem - the cursor gets stuck which means I can’t turn any more in that direction. That means there is some areas where I simply can’t walk because my screen is too small.

EDIT: Saw your other post - seems you both understood the problem correctly and found a solution. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Start working on plot of game. If someone know good articles about plot and narrative for dummies, please share. Also now game is about running out of power, so i can use it in jam :grinning:

1 Like

hope you’re going to DevGAMM, since your project is currently my very favourite on the jam. 15 submissions currently, and Space Station looks very very solid: https://itch.io/jam/coronadefoldjam/entries

2 Likes

Demo/web version crashes on the community page

exception thrown: TypeError: panner.setVelocity is not a function,TypeError: panner.setVelocity is not a function

3 Likes

Thanks. Looks like the problem with OpenAl .In firefox it work. I will make html version without it. Maybe later i try to add check if it can work in browser, then enable.
Now all should work. You can test in itch.

3 Likes

WEEKLY UPDATE:
1)Weapon logic, can’t change weapon while shooting. Weapon spend ammo.
2)Add some sounds(pickups,shoot)
3)Add openAl extention for 3d sounds.
4)remove openAl(because it is not work in browser.) :slightly_smiling_face:
5)Lock mouse in middle for windows.
6)Add differents screens(intro and game)
7)Add ceils
8)Enemy states(walk,idle)
9)Enemy attack player

Plans for next week.
1)Work on gameplay. It is awesome to make same thinkgs, like light or structure of map. But for now i done all that i need for jam. So it is time to focus on gameplay, because for now it is boring

3 Likes

Looks like i have a problem with draw calls :thinking:
2017-09-26_17-35-43
The problem is my light system. I tint a sprite by light color in shader.

sprite.set_constant(url,"light_color",obj.light)

As i understand changing uniform in shader break batch.

Looks like now i use about 10 light colors.
So if i create 10 go with predefined uniform color is this help?
As i understand not.

Or if i have 10 different materials with different tags(light1,light2 …). Then in render draw light1 then light2 instead if drawing all by one tag.

Some others ways to do it?

1 Like

Reduce draw call to 16. :smile:
I have 10 different materials with different tags(light1,light2 …). Then in render draw light1 then light2 instead if drawing all by one tag.

9 Likes

680 to 16? That’s a bit of improvement =]

3 Likes

Upload last version of game.
I don’t made a lot of things that i want. Game is very small.
Also now you can win :grinning: or lose :confused:

4 Likes

3D game done in 2D engine is worth a special award I guess =] Cheers on the cool thing

4 Likes

Thx, it was good experience for me. :grinning:

4 Likes

Share game sources in github
It is not contains all art because i use paid asset for walls and weapons.

You can use it as you like. It is not well-documented so if you have questions you can ask me. :grinning:

6 Likes

Wow! Just wow. Man, you rock!

Maybe, I’ll do the same with my game. But I’am kinda embarrassed to show my code (it’s kinda :nauseated_face:)

1 Like

I hope you get a desired prize from the jam!

My code in some places is :poop:. The less time to jam end the more :poop: in code :grinning:

4 Likes

Is it possible for you to have multiple elevation levels on a map? Like how doom had elevators that raised up and down and had enemies on ledges and such?

2 Likes

Yes. Defold is 3d engine under hood. But you will need do a lot of additional work, by yourself to make such things.

3 Likes