Resizing Defold Editor 2

Hello I’ve updated drivers on my Windows 10 PC, and the editor 2 have an issue during the resize of the window or during the resize of the panels (console, sidebar…)

It freezes and after an amount of time (like 7~ seconds) it fits correctly.

See attached:

I have Intel® HD Graphics 4000

1 Like

Thats weird. Does it freeze every time you resize the window/panels? Did it freeze before you updated the drivers?
Created an issue for it here: https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/1777

1 Like

Yes, it was freezing before the driver updates, then tried to solve updating drivers but it didn’t works.

It freezes everytime (panel, window resizing)

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem since starting to use Defold about 6 months ago. I know this will sound weird, but it was apparent whenever Windows updates occurred.

After Windows updated, I would have to re-install graphics drivers, clear defold caches and Defold %appdata% stuff (local and roaming) and various other things to stop the resize hanging. I could never narrow it down exactly to a root cause though.

Only the 64bit version of Defold exhibits this problem for me. I switched to the 32bit version and had no more problems.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed the struggle to resize on Windows 10 with 64b Defold. Hangs for a few seconds, then updates.

1 Like

Ok i confirm, it seems to bug only on 64bit version, on 32bit it resizes in a reasonably time.

2 Likes