Profiler text hard to read

I wanted to check for memory leaks, and stumbled on the built in profiler for the first time. It’s fantastic! The text is overlapping in places, though. Could someone point me to where the used memory is in this plethora of information, or how to lay it out so all text is visible?

1 Like

Yes, it is useful, but it can also be a bit hard to read. Do you know about the web profiler?

If you’re on the hunt for leaks I think it’s better to perhaps look at the instance counts. Are you maybe creating game objects that you don’t delete? Or maybe you are creating gui nodes that aren’t deleted when they should? Or maybe you have collections loaded that you thought were unloaded?

4 Likes

I do now, blimey! It’s really awesome.

I agree, I had no idea I was going to be able to do that! Steady 31 for my game, so I must be safe (for now). Thanks!

2 Likes

DrawCalls is also one of those numbers that can be good to keep track of. It’s quite easy to mess up the batching when doing larger changes to the structure of a gui for instance so it’s always good to keep an eye on that number.

2 Likes