Linux build font problem (SOLVED)

Getting an error when trying to build our project on Linux through latest bob.jar

ERROR assets/fonts/Archivo_11.font:0 (y + height) is outside of Raster

The thing is that it builds well in the latest editor. Also removing this font it just keeps on reporting on the next font instead.
Both bob.jar and editor is 1.2.115
Building with same bob.jar on OSX works fine for some weird reason. It’s the same bob!
Feels like problem should be somewhere else.

Hello,

Are you using editor 1 or 2? Does it work in the editor with both build+launch and bundling?

We did some changes in how distance field fonts are represented in 1.2.113, did you upgrade from an earlier version than 1.2.113?

I am normally working on OSX, Editor 1 and Editor 2. The project is fully compatible with the changes done 1.2.113 (been working on 1.2.114 and 1.2.115 as soon as they have come out).
The latest version (and master) of the project is then pulled from github in a Linux environment (Editor 1, 1.2.115). It builds and bundles without problem in editor.
We are then running our build script utilizing bob.jar (which we today downloaded from d.defold.com, latest version) It now throws the error.
Running the same build script on OSX works fine as well. It just doesn’t make sense as bob.jar is the same on all platforms.

Very puzzled

EDIT: Also all fonts are using the builtin materials so it should just continue to work, right?

Hmm that is strange… Is it deterministic or does it just fail building with bob sometimes?

Every time unfortunately. I will look into it a little bit more. As build/bundle from editor work we will continue with that.

Sounds good, will continue investigating on our end and see if anything turns up.

I was able to solve this issue.

I installed and used OracleJDK to run the build instead of using OpenJDK which seem to be causing this error.

2 Likes