Linebreaks inside code editor does not work (SOLVED)

Hi guys, this is my first post here :slight_smile:

I am using Linux Mint Cinammon and Defold 1.2.151 and have an annoying bug that is compelling me to user an external editor. Let me explain:

When I try do edit some script code I can break line with “Enter” key. It is possible to paste code and also “paste break lines” but I can’t simply press enter to move to the next line.

I removed OpenJRE (default instalation on Mint/Ubuntu) and switched to Oracle Java 12 JRE but the error persists. I also tried to create a new blank project with a blank script and still can’t breaklines. I am using an external editor to edit code (xed) but I prefer to use the defold one.

So, is there any config file I can check to see it if is something misconfigured?

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Tiago

3 Likes

You should probably make an issue about this here too so it’s more visible to editor team

5 Likes

Just opened the issue. Thank you, @Pkeod !

BTW, I just tried reinstalling (after cleaning all .defold folder) but unfortunately the error persists. :frowning:

The Defold editor has a java runtime embedded. It doesn’t use your locally installed Java.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Linux Mint 19

1 Like

We are looking into the issue.

3 Likes

Should be fixed by now!

5 Likes

Thank you @vlaaad. So this will bug be fixed on the next release? Or should I download again?

Sorry for the silly question, Defold newbie here :upside_down_face:

You should have blue “Update Available” button in the editor interface, just update editor using it.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your help and effort to fix this quickly. I will update right now.

1 Like