Input blocked if add Facebook appID (SOLVED)

Input cursor is blocked in the chrome browser if add Facebook API in project settings.
in Firefox all okay.

2 Likes

Something is likely crashing. What does the browser console say? Also, what do you mean exactly by this:

there are no error in console, I can catch this bug on any HTML5 build on Defold (in Chrome), if project has FacebookAPI.

Hmm, very strange. And the app id is correct?

@britzl on the screenshot above - I wrote as example,
can try to drag’n’drop very fast circles in this demo (in Chrome)
http://nsbrotherhood.com/defold/inputBlocked/

P.S. easy to catch this bug - use double click

I’m unable to reproduce the problem in the version you linked. Input seems to work just fine. I can drag and drop the circles. Double click and dragging and clicking fast works. OSX and Chrome browser.

@britzl at first time all okay, but it starts to happen after a double click or after a long “input press”. and only when Facebook added. I think that issue is related with adding Facebook container or something like that… and yes, on Windows.

I tried on Window and on Mac. Bug reproduced only on Windows.

1 Like

we can’t finish the current project without fix of this bug :sob:

Hmm, ok, I see. Would you mind trying Blossom Blast Saga on Facebook on a Windows machine? Is input broken in Blossom Blast as well?

But maybe you need to launch it within the context of a Facebook game page, ie on facebook.com? Perhaps the Facebook JS SDK is unhappy when running somewhere else?

I tried this link: https://apps.facebook.com/blossom_blast_saga/ just white screen, nothing is loaded.

got this:

we want to use FacebookAPI for “login” feature.

Oh, ok, maybe not available in your country.

Sure, but your app has to be on apps.facebook.com for that to work right? (I’m no Facebook expert though)

we want to have facebook login also outside apps.facebook.com :slight_smile:

just checked the link again, game works, and there are no issues with input blocked.

Ah, yeah, read some Facebook documentation and indeed that works. My mistake.

Not sure why you’re running into problems though. Let me ask some colleagues.

BTW, can you share the test app you linked above where input didn’t work on Windows?

just added name of project: testDragNDrop and invited.

I’ve made no progress. I’ll continue looking at this on Monday and involve someone else from the team as well.

2 Likes

tested this also in app of @Dragosha of html5 version:

I just tried (like 2 minutes ago) your test project on a Windows 10 machine. I’m not able to reproduce any problems with clicks.

Can you in painstaking detail describe what it is I’m supposed to do to reproduce the problem?