In-game GUI (GUI elements with visible Tile Map) (SOLVED)

Hello Guys, i’m having a hard time finding a tutorial or even example on how to make a GUI inside and game screen. Let’s say I want those classic “health and mana” bars, or even an inventory or something like that… how can I do it? I already tried to create a GUI but it opens as another screen entirely.

I guess I could create a layer above the game layer and draw the objects there using the drawpixels library, but I believe it would be a massive effort.

Hey @lightenlynx Not sure what exactly you’re doing to have the GUI be a separate screen (loading via collection proxy or something?)

If you create a gui, and then go to your level collection, or main collection, or wherever your main gameplay area is located, you should just be able to add an empty game object (name it “GUI” or “Inventory” or whatever) and add your GUI as a component to that game object. It should simply draw in front of whatever else is going on in the game/level.

1 Like

Hey bro @ryanscottlandry that’s exactly the steps I had missing. After reading your answer I tried and succeeded. Thanks a lot. Resolved!

2 Likes