"Holy Watch" (GDC Contest entry)

Hey guys,

We’ll be submitting our game for the GDC contest, here below is some of our art :slight_smile:

Slingshot\Tower defense shooter.

Concept: Greedy devils are trying to escape back to our world. Help the archangel Gabe defend the gates and prevent chaos.

How to play: Drag the halo to aim and release to shoot, keep an eye out for each devil’s behavior.

The game is still in early stages, We’re a team of 3 working in our free time.

21 Likes

Just a small gameplay teaser and some more info.

It’s been fun and challenging so far, think it took us about 2.5 months or so to get there…
We started with a slightly different concept for the game, so once the mechanics were in place a lot of the time was spent on art and asset pipeline.

Then the game kinda started taking shape as we’ve learned the engine & editor, adding bits and pieces. Luckily Defold’s builtin version control, rapid (and small) builds helped iterate pretty fast.

And of course there’s also this forum which helped us with a great many bugs :wink:

So please let us know what you think!

9 Likes

Ha! I love the graphics! Looks great!

2 Likes

Looks cool! My first instinct based on the arc is that it would be cool if the halos could skip like stones thrown over water / reflect against the sides of the board until they run out of energy. Then you could aim with the right amount of power and timing to skip and hit multiple targets with the potential to overshoot / bounce over some. Then have levels to beat with the same patterns each time so that you can ultimately 3 star the level with the right shots.

4 Likes

Hi .
I’m the third and last team member
I’m happy you guys like it :smile:
We do plan on adding different weapons like you mentioned .
Also we want to add more content more levels enemies etc .

4 Likes

Amazing art! The gameplay looks really nice as well. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

that’s an amazing game, congratulations for your game and good luck with your entry

4 Likes