Gui Scroll and Inverted Coordinates

I’m new to defold, been using this great engine since yesterday for a text game development.

Started with a dynamic gui script on with adjust reference disabled, for a pixel perfect game using fixed_projection implementing richtext library to be able to read html parsed texts with different fonts and colors.

My two questions are:
-How can I implement a gesture/touch/click based vertical drag scroll of the gui object with mobile platforms in mind?
-Is there a way to invert the gui coordinates in a way that 0,0 is northwest? The scroll I require starts from top reading of text and with the possibility to scroll down vertically, so idk if this is possible or I should just change the anchor points of the gui nodes.

Notes: since I only plan to use gui nodes for this project I don’t think I need a camera for this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Check out

For inverted mobile scrolling it should be as simple as detecting mobile OS and then multiplying the touch dy by -1.

Crit has other useful features which I know would be useful to you so be sure to check its other examples.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, this was really helpful.

1 Like