Gui_flipbooks- preferred removal

Im using gui_flipbooks. AT end of the animation they stay in the scene on the last frame.

Can you use them like a button?

what exactly does gui flipbook cancel do?

What is the preferred method to remove their instance?

I was thinking of using a factory and then at end of their life deleting the instance with a gui node delete.

Thanks!

Hello Jb_Skaggs,

Just to help me understand what you are doing. You are using “gui.play_flipbook” to play an animation on a pre-existing gui node, is this correct?

The function gui.play_flipbook plays an animation or image on a gui node. If the animation is of the type “once forward”, “once backward” or “one ping pong” then when the animation completes it can call a “complete_function” this can be used to do anything you want, from deleting the gui node to starting a new animation.

The function gui.cancel_flipbook cancels an animation which is currently playing on a gui node. I am not sure if it will freeze on the current frame that it’s on, or if it will freeze on the final or beginning frame of the animation. If it does freeze at a spot you don’t want, you can use “gui.play_animation” with the name of an image and it will put the node on that image without playing any animation.

I hope this helps, if I can help further, please let me know.

Cheers,
Spen

1 Like

Yes on the gui box node.

I think I get you. :slight_smile:

1 Like