Get-together-hackathon-meetups?

i got a little curious, are there any kind of organized meetups among the Defold users out there in the world? I used to be involved in arranging those kind of meetings and hands-on labs with local developers and techies in my area and it’s actually kind of fun. (I know, I’m not a very good nerd)

Regards

3 Likes

A good question. I believe there’s a fairly large Defold community in Russia and some other places. @Oleg_The_Evangelist knows more.

Slightly related to this is the upcoming Global Game Jam. Maybe there’s a jam location close to where you live? And if there is I hope you encourage people to try Defold!

1 Like

Yes, so if there are any Defolders in Gothenburg - Jönköping area who enjoy hackathons and meetings - shout!

1 Like

Anyone in Spain? I live in Zaragoza.

1 Like

Lets make a poll!

• Stockholm
  • Gothenburg
  • Zaragoza
  • Moscow

Hmm… What else to include? =]

1 Like

+1 for Stockholm AND Gothenburg! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch - Jonkoping simply disappeared, guess Gothenburg will do :wink:
Or any other city in northern europe but it will be kind of hard to meet once a month perhaps

1 Like

Anyone for UK, :fearful: :pray:

3 Likes

Anyone in Copenhagen?

4 Likes

We’ll have a meetup of sorts in London in 2 weeks. Check out https://defoldlondon.confetti.events

(There will be free food and drinks! :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

I’m there, looking forward to seeing you :grinning:

3 Likes

Anybody from México?

1 Like

I am from Spain like you, I live in Barcelona.

Ad me to the list @Oleg_The_Evangelist

2 Likes

@Edgaronfo @Raul_Gilabert olé! Have you managed to make any games yet? King has a big office in Barcelona… I think I’d like to work there.

4 Likes

Hello,

I would love to work for King wherever their office is!! :grin:

But talking about a finished game, not yet… but I am in the process though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am pretty sure that Defold will help me publish my first game :raised_hands:

Greetings

5 Likes
  • Stockholm
  • Gothenburg
  • Copenhagen
  • Zaragoza
  • Barcelona
  • Moscow
  • London

Shall I add more before we launch the poll? We might use the results of the poll to determine where to direct some marketing budgets to =]

1 Like

Moscow is ok. But Saint-Petersburg is better :wink:

1 Like

Baja California Sur, México!

1 Like

My father works there.

I make some games with python.

2 Likes

Interesting, not one city in Germany? Germans don’t Defold?
The list is nice, if the dates are good I could travel to Copenhagen as well as St Petersburg I guess, bring the kids and and combine with other activities :slight_smile:

4 Likes