Gameobject creation from outline

Hello! Let’s assume that I’m creating some game level in the outline. I took the main.collection and put some stuff there. And I created a gameobject with some complex colliders, sprites etc. If I want to reuse it somewhere else should I create it again from scratch in the assets folder or I can somehow create prefab from existing go? Thanks!

In order for you to reuse it you need it as a file on disk, ie among the project assets. You should be able to copy the game object components from the outline to your newly created game object.

1 Like

Thanks! I think it should work!

But it doesn’t! Next question sounds stupid but how to copy components from gameobject in outline to gameobject in my assets folder? I hadn’t find how to achieve this except of manually editing of gameobject.go text file. But it is so… you know… low level :wink:
P.S. Just to drag’n’drop components with mouse doesn’t working.

It should just work with copy/paste (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) if selecting the components in the outline. What Editor version?

Yes, this should work.

Yes, copy/paste is working. Thanks. But it is not obvious. May be a menu item in context menu? Now it is only one item in context menu when multiple objects selected - “Delete”.