Game not responding to taps as well as clicks

I have been experimenting with this for a while and a friend mentioned the same thing: my game doesn’t respond to taps on the touchpad as well as it does with clicks. We are both using macbooks. I often have to tap two or three times to get a response whereas clicking with a mouse (or the click of the trackpad) always works instantly. Any help or advice? Is this a bug?

Hmm, this sure sounds weird. Could you please share your on_input() function? Are you using multi-touch or single-touch?

single touch.

function on_input(self, action_id, action)
--this moves the collider
	go.set_position(vmath.vector3(action.x, action.y, 0))
--this creates the clicker
	if action_id == hash("click") and action.pressed then

local p=(vmath.vector3(action.x, action.y, 0))
	factory.create("#clickerfactory", p+campos)
		end
end

I might make a video to show the problem (if only to prove that it’s real and not my imagination!) but basically: tapping works about 50% of the time, but clicking (i.e with a mouse) works 100% of the time.

Is campos always set or could it be nil? Do you have more scripts that acquire_input_focus?

In the first collection (which is the simplest one) campos is 0,0,0 (i checked by printing it to the console) and there is nothing else that has input focus at that point in the game.

i double checked by adding print(“click successful”) to the on_input and it’s the same: always works with the mouse, sometimes works with the tap.

The reason that I asked about multi-tap is that I’ve seen issues where some released events gets lost, and I thought maybe this was what you experienced as well. But that issue is for multi-tap only. I’ve never seen any issues with single-tap. Is the tap a very short/quick tap lasting only one or two frames or does it happen for longer and more distinction touch events as well?

The problem occurs even with the very first press of the mouse on the game, so there can’t be a missing release event.

The tap is a standard tap: a fast press and release. Let me do a video…

I can confirm this. Magic Trackpad touches (touches, not clicks!) sometimes reported, sometimes not. Mechanical clicks always reported.
I use mouse_trigger with input MOUSE_BUTTON_1.