Frequently Used Assets - Type Filter enhancement

Hi,
My name is André Martinez and I am Senior Game Artist and passionate for development, now starting to use Defold as great option for 2D game development in general. Coming from Unity - Unreal and GameMaker Studio 2, I feel this engine its quite impressive both content, support and how its been build. My experience with the Defold its been great so far, and I find myself using a lot of the Open Assets Window or CRTL+SHIFT +R, in order for me to search for things in the project, since I like to work as much as possible with the keyboard which for me becomes a necessity in order to become good on mastering any software, I would like to request the following if possible.

Have a most used or frequently used assets been display on the top of the Open Assets tab, besides all the common content as normally you see when opening the tab. This will increase the speed for those who uses the keyboard constantly and want to keep working on current project assets. As an example I will create a quick visual mockup of how this might look

I hope this request might seem something good for the benefit of the engine and continue improving the workflow. Thanks for taking this into consideration!

André Martinez
Senior Game Artist

9 Likes

@artcadev That is a great suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to post it here. In general we appreciate if bugs and feature requests for the editor are reported via Help->Report Issue. The issue tracker is reviewed every morning by the editor team and new bugs/feature requests are prioritized.

7 Likes

+1 on this, great suggestion!

3 Likes

Added https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/1835

6 Likes

Thanks a lot @britzl for reading this post I will post in a near future on the current tab, my first time using the forum sorry for that. Also really appreciate it @Erik_Angelin and @sven for putting this as an actual request, its the first time I actually get in contact with the development team, besides the regular contact support you have for other softwares. I will continue my journey of exploring and learning Defold, if I find any bugs or feature requests I will make sure to report it. Have a great week everyone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We love feature requests and your thoughts on your first steps with Defold. We’re doing our best to ease the onboarding procedure, so we’d love to get as much feedback as possible. Just a forum thread like this would work :wink:

Thanks!

3 Likes