Facing glGenBuffers problem with New Version

Hi, I am updating Defold to new version, I got familiar glGenBuffers error opening .
Its documentation says that “the editor appears to run fine if you undo the manifest change on the bundled java.exe .”

Last year I when I installed Defold ( extracted it), this got this problem. It was resolved simply replacing java.exe in defold java bin folder with java.exe downloaded from the troubleshoot page.

This time I am using Defold latest version and want to replace the java.exe so that my editor can work. However I am not finding “java.exe with manifest change undone in it” anywhere . Can you point it.
If I can get the file, I can run new Defold. The steps mentioned on the help page seems to very diffcult for me because I could not find mt.exe on my system.

Thanks.

@vlaaad?

Hi! I use Defold on my old notebook with 1st gen Intel HD GPU and I faced with same problem.
I couldn’t remove one line from manifest as described in
instruction (got a mt.exe error). But I’m just replace java.exe manifest with empty. And it works for me (1.2.154).

java.zip (138.7 KB)

3 Likes

Your given java file worked :slightly_smiling_face: ,
I am able to open new defold with new java file.
Thanks a lot. :smiley:

@markus.gustavsson Any ideas?

We recently removed link to patched java.exe because we updated used jdk version and there were no reports about glGenBuffers recently. Since this is such a report, I guess we should revisit that doc with @AlexeyFeskov’s patch

Updated troubleshoot page with attached java.exe.

3 Likes