I would like to ask my fellow app-creators how they go about signing their aabs for release.
My understanding of the process suggested in Google’s instructions is:
- create one upload keystore that holds upload keys for each of your apps.
- give upload keys and keystore different passwords.
I use the latest version of Defold (1.2.186).
When I create an aab for release from within the editor , this is the situation:
- Unless keystore and key share the same password, bundling does not finish.
- There is no option to choose a specific key held in the keystore file.
So, what do you folks do when you upload several apps:
- create a new keystore for each app, that holds only the one key for this app?
- use the same keystore and key for all of your apps?
- do something else?
- did I misunderstand the signing process?
I have never uploaded an app before and would be very grateful for your advice.
Thanks a lot in advance