Editor crash, when I am trying to change file by keyboard

After some time of working, editor starts to crash. When I reopen editor and open last file (text, code, collection - it does not matter), I can edit this file by mouse, but keyboard crash editor again. And again. And again. I don’t tried to reboot whole system, but find help in changing file by external tool, like notepad++. After changing file, editor stops crashing. For a while.

windows 7 x64, editor v1.2.86

This bug does not a new one. I faced it at least several months ago.

Could you send me an example of how the files looks when the editor is crashing? I’m thinking that maybe it has something to do with a weird encoding or illegal characters that get stripped when you open the file in Notepad++.

Ok. It’s difficult to reproduce, but I will make a copy when it happens again.

1 Like

Screenshot with the problem:

and file:
boss.script (1.1 KB)

Hmmm, very strange. The file looks ok and nothing in the setup as seen in the screenshot stands out. I’m out of ideas. @JCash, @sven, any idea what might be causing this?

Very strange, haven’t heard of it before. You said that it happened a few months ago, did it resolve itself in the meantime or have it always been like this?

Hello @GerodruS

This seems like a bug that was recently reported internally, DEF-2036 Editor hang with a certain scene setup (with msg.url()?). We haven’t been able to reproduce your problems where the editor freezes while editing scripts, but only when manipulating the collection outline. If you could please provide the following information it would help us to prioritise the problem and hopefully resolve the issue.

1. Could you provide a screenshot of the collection outline the script is attached to
  2. Could you remove the go.property(..., msg.url("")) from the script and see if it still crashes

Regards,
Jakob

2 Likes

Ok, I found out something: as a ru-language user I’m using punto switcher app. It seems the app sometimes conflicts with defold.

2 Likes