Does Defold support Spine draworder timeline? (DEF-1217) (SOLVED)

Me again, hi~
As the Title, Does Defold support Spine draworder timeline ? in my project, it doesn’t seem work correctly as example below

in spine editor:
in defold runtime

thanks for the help.

1 Like

I’m not an expert on Spine, but I think we have an issue for that: DEF-1217

The issue calls it “Keyable draworder”, does this sound familiar? :slight_smile:

thanks , which runtime version of spine runtime does defold based on? i studied on lua version the code is quite clear:

local drawOrder = skeleton.drawOrder
local slots = skeleton.slots
local drawOrderToSetupIndex = self.drawOrders[frameIndex]
if not drawOrderToSetupIndex then
			for i,slot in ipairs(slots) do
				drawOrder[i] = slots[i]
			end
else
			for i,setupIndex in ipairs(drawOrderToSetupIndex) do
				drawOrder[i] = skeleton.slots[setupIndex]
			end
end

and is there a way that we can follow the issue? a git?

Defold uses its own “runtime” implementation.

Or to be more correct; during the build step we build/compile spine-scenes into our own format. This means we can add support for other animation formats in the future and don’t have to depend on Spine specifically. :slight_smile: In turn this also enable us to render spine animation with our internal batched rendering.

Sadly, there is currently there no way to follow specific issues. We track them internally at King, but they are not available publicly at the moment… We are working on a public roadmap though!

From what I can see, the issue DEF-1217 is planned for 1.2.85, but this might change so I can’t promise anything.

1 Like

Thank you, and hope defold can be better and better. expecting the new version:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Any news on when this will be resolved?

It is scheduled for 1.2.90 (October) but I have no idea if that is a reliable date. @sven, have you discussed this issue on your backlog prio meetings recently?

1 Like

so glad to hear the news, thank you, i hope there will be more features of spine in the future.

1 Like

Well, as I said, the date is not reliable. You should really treat my previous post as “no news” until we can get confirmation that this is actually planned for an upcoming release :slight_smile:

Any news on this issue? It is quite critical for our incoming game. It would be nice to see hands in right side of the torso of the character when character is moving. :slight_smile:

I have been waiting for this update for over half a year-.-

Spine has been a tech that I have asked for a lot of updates in over 16 months but still they are there. The above topic is one of them. The ability to set speed is another one (or even better giving control of the playhead to the user). But most of all the problem of not being able to flip an animation correctly is a huge one.
The two above was just things that was missed when implementation of spine was made and has been pushed forward ever since.

Though Spine is also a very hard tech to uphold as the author of Spine doesn’t really care about backward compability and doesnt communicate new features in updates in advance which makes new versions of Spine very likely to be hard to use for Defold.

Do you have any schedule updates or other news concerning this issue? Our release schedule is coming closer and it would be nice to have hands on right side of the torso when character is walking.

@sven, do you have an update on this issue?

Sadly I don’t have any news on this, I guess the issue has slipped along when we have made changed to the rigging/spine stuff. With the rigging module stabilising I hope there will be more time to tackle older issues with spine, such as this.

Do you have an example spine scene which has keyed draworder? I could add this to the ticket which would make it a bit easier to reproduce/test when someone picks up the issue.

can you post me your account of dashboard , so that I can add you to the team to access the project?

@sven Any news on this? Our release for the game that is affected is coming closer.

When do you plan to release? I’ll ping @Sara and @sven regarding this issue.

If everything goes as planned during next month. We are just adding our voice acting and music and making last polishing for the game.

Fixed in Defold 1.2.100

1 Like