DefVideoAds (plugin for Unity ADS). Video ADS native extension

I’m assuming the extension, being it based on the sdk 2.0+, is going to be GDPR compliant?

1 Like

I’m following the updates:

1 Like

DefUnityAds was updated to 1.3.0

• New method setCallback() added.
  • DefUnityCallback refactoring.

When you relaunch your game directly on device from editor (dmengine) or your game resources was unloaded by system because of long waiting on background. In these cases UnityAds will be still inited (return true after call unityads.isInitialized()) but you have to set new one callback and unityads.setCallback(callback) will be useful here.

DefUnityAds was updated to 1.3.1 (polishing, polishing, polishing)
Now you can remove callback using unityads.setCallback() or unityads.setCallback(nil).
DefUnityAds callback won’t run when the instance has been deleted.

(DefUnityAds now is DefVideoAds)
DefVideoAds was updated to 1.4.0
Unity ADS SKD updated to version 2.3

5 Likes

Great work on the extension.

I noticed on the first init and before the callback is registered there is some blocking. This will cause a touch to be delayed in that time.

After first init everything is fine.

I am unsure how to profile or isolate it more I did try running with a release build and get the same issue.

5 Likes

New release DefVideoAds 2.0.0:

• You don’t need to make changes in AndroidManifest.xml file manually anymore. Now changes are merging automatically using Merging Tool.
  • Added DefUnityAds.script_api file for autocomplete in the editor.
  • Refactoring for easier maintenance and future UnityAds 3.x update

defunityads

8 Likes

nice work!

2 Likes

sdfsfd :smiley:
I didn’t know that we can use script_api Is it documented ?

3 Likes

Not yet :grinning:

3 Likes

WIP

7 Likes

But I’m gonna use it :slight_smile:
Great extension by the way. I will definitely check it out for learning your tricks :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey, if that’s possible, why there is still No autocomplete for self properties ??

Also, if possible, can you Add autocomplete for action_id, action, message_id, sender, and other function parameters ?

It’s very frustrating, those requests have been there since 2017, are those possible to be implemented now?

This is completely different. You can assign keys to self at any time. Sure we can analyse the file and make a very educated guess, but it is not at all similar to a predefined API definition such as the one you can now specify for your extensions.

3 Likes

Ok, I get it. And what about function parameters? I know I can use msg_id or whatever, but for clarity I always keep with the original version - could it be rewarded with a saved parameter name for autocompletion? :slight_smile:

Do you plan to add such autocompletion in the future or is it low prioritized? If it would affect editor performance, it could be optional, what do you think?

iOS version is done.

4 Likes

New release DefVideoADS 3.1.0

• UnityADS SDK was updated to the version 3.1.0
  • Added new methods and constants for working with banners:
    unityads.setBannerPosition(position)
    unityads.loadBanner(placementId)
    unityads.unloadBanner()
    unityads.showBanner()
    unityads.hideBanner()

8 Likes

DefVideoADS 3.4.2

BREAKING CHANGES: Banners API has changed
UPDATE: UnityADS ADS updated to v3.4.2

The next step is to make refactoring of the plugin code for using Defold SDK callback functions.

2 Likes

Does this extension support interstitials?

yes, interstitials, rewarded and banners

3 Likes

Great! Integrating this now, might be back. :smiley:
Thanks for the extension!

2 Likes

I have two rewarded ad ids set up in my game. After they have both shown, no new ads load. There doesn’t appear to be a way to preload rewarded ads.

How does the loading of rewarded ads work? Is there a way to force a load?