Defold's Google sign in isn't working (SOLVED)

Hello, I am an extremely new Defold user so I don’t know if this is a common error but on the Defold 2nd editor when trying to select a project I type in my email and then when I click “next” nothing happens. It will tell me if my account is wrong but does nothing if it is right.
Does anyone know how to fix this or has had it happen to them?

Thanks

You get no feedback at all when you click next? Which OS are you using?

Hello.
I downloaded Defold 2 just yesterday and I’m experiencing similar problem.

After entering my email and clicking next on the google login prompt, nothing happens.
I’ve tried running Defold also as an administrator.

I’m using 64-bit Windows 10

I’ll grab one of the Editor 2 devs when they arrive and ask them to answer back here.

By the way, where on disk have you unzipped the installation? Try running from somewhere in your user’s home folder if it isn’t there already.

I unzipped it into a onedrive

And for continuation i also downloaded it yesterday with a friend so it seems to be a new account bug

I’ve the same issue

I tested unzipping (on a different machine thought) the files to my home folder.
The same problem continues. I tried also with both 32 and 64-bit version of Defold.

When you click the “Next”-button, there is some network traffic, so data is moving, but nothing is happening.

I had the same problem yesterday on both Linux and Windows 64-bit, but today it works without any problem.

1 Like

I think there was a change to the login screen recently because now clicking Next seems to work again. There was another issue though that prevented us from parsing the project list for the Import Project dialog. A fix for this issue (https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/1078) was merged recently. Please try again and report back if it works/doesn’t work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tested and now it works as expected.
I was able to login via Google and load up my projects from the dashboard.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for fixing the login, but now another problem has occured.
I can select my projects but when trying to import them it just makes a blank folder and comes up with this error:
http://cr.defold.se:9998/prjs/73343 cannot open git-uploaded-package.