Defold Editor 1.2.137 crashed on macOS Mojave

After I upgraded my macbook to macOS Mojave, Defold Editor 1.2.137 crashed from time to time, even in opening the project or building the project. Here is the information from the ‘reportCrash’ app:
crashinfo.lua (111.3 KB)

This is a text file instead of lua source code file, please ignore the .lua since it is just used to fob the web uploader.

Was it a one time occurrence, or does it keep crashing?

I upgraded my macbook pro to Mojave two days ago, booted up Defold and ran an empty project without any issues.

It keep crashing. Most of the crashing happens when I am opening my project or building my project.

Would you mind sending me the _crash file?

Where can I get the _crash file?

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I totally misunderstood it to be the engine that crashed :slight_smile:
I also now afterwards see the crash info you already supplied.

1 Like

Ok, please let me know if you need more information. :grinning:

1 Like

Crash

crush.lua (115.6 KB)

Hi @joshua.winters and @AntonB!
Thanks for the log files! We found nothing obvious, but will try and reproduce this further on Monday. We’ve seen spurious/unexplainable crashes on new mac OS’s before (like when high Sierra was new) and many of the errors disappeared after an OS update. Lets hope that’s the case this time also :slight_smile:

Created an issue to track this: https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/2218

2 Likes

Thanks! I will observe and try to figure out the exact occasion.

This happened to me as well about 4 times today. I attached one of the crash logs to the Github Issue. All 4 times it happened while opening a project in the editor with another app focused while waiting for the project to load.

1 Like