Defold and Internet connection, Why?

Greeting,
I’m new learner in Defold platform,
My question is: When I open a defold application to create new project, message appears to download project template selected; As example(Desktop or native) from internet, whilst my device is not connect to Internet; why I need Internet connection basically if I download a full package of defold?
Second point: Until if I created project as desktop template lastely, and recreate new game as same template need to internet connection to download (desktop template content).
What if my pc not connecting to internet? Sometimes I disconnect internet service from my side when I’m working.

Is anyone able to answer about my questions.
Thanks

2 Likes

Templates are not included in the Defold download. This is because templates can be updated separately via Github anytime by anyone. This is a good thing actually.

You can find all templates here: https://github.com/search?q=org%3Adefold+template&unscoped_q=template

If you want to use Desktop template offline then download it from here once and use it as you like.

7 Likes

I catch your clear answer, thanks

2 Likes

The different templates actually aren’t that different from a plain empty project. All you need is an empty file named game.project to start a new project. When the project is opened in Defold you can set up the specifics of a desktop project (aspect ratio, input bindings).

1 Like

Ahhhhhhhhhh, that’s nice.
I’ll try these method.
Thanks Soooooooooooooooooo much