Continual Redirect to Login with Google

Is this issue fixed for everyone else? I was going to update my game page today which seems to require a non-forum log in and I see I still get caught in the loop. Pinging @samuel.nystedt.

1 Like

Sorry, meant to get back to you sooner.

What happens if you DO block 3rd party cookies in your browser? This should trigger a fallback solution that works for the cases that we were able to reproduce.

Does logging in to the forum work without trouble?

No worries.

Thanks - blocking 3rd party cookies works and allows me to log in (if I clear the existing ones).

I seem to just stay logged in to the forums.

1 Like

What do you mean by not staying logged in to the website. Are you always logged out the next time you visit? How long in between?

I visit the forums more frequently than the main website (I tend to Google issues I’m having which leads me directly to the forums). I have never been logged out from the forums, that I can remember anyway.

I’m not sure how often I visit the actual website/dashboard - as you can see from my last response it’s been 3 weeks since I attempted it last. I am pretty sure I need to log in most of the time when I visit the website, but I can’t actually remember whether I need to log in every time. Today, my login from yesterday is still active (and I re-enabled 3rd party cookies as soon as I got in). Not sure this is helpful so let me know if there’s anything else I can add.

4 Likes

I see, that would be because the session on the website is set to timeout after 5 days, but the session length on the Discourse forum is 60 days. Would of course make sense to sync those values :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now you should be able to log in without 3rd party cookies blocked. Please let me know if it works for you.

6 Likes

Confirmed - no issues logging in now :+1:

6 Likes

No problems here either.

4 Likes