Compiler can't find splash_image

Let’s say I have a splash image in “/auxilary/Splash.jpg”

In game project page it is supposed to be written as “/auxilary/Splash.jpgc” (with “c” at the end), and I have a warning in red letters otherwise on the top of the screen.

But HTML compiler only finds it if I write it as “/auxilary/Splash.jpg” (without c at the end)

Can you explain a little bit more your project setup?

You have a gameobject with a sprite component set to /auxilary/Splash.jpg and then do a HTML5 build and run it in a browser? Is that a correct assumption?

No, it’s a setting html5/splash_image in game.project

Error I’m getting when I “Build HTML and Launch” is

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder ‘Content Builder’ on project ‘sidescroll’.
Build failed: D:\util\defold\branches\36859\23349\master\auxilary\Splash.jpgc (Не удается найти указанный файл)
D:\util\defold\branches\36859\23349\master\auxilary\Splash.jpgc (Не удается найти указанный файл)
Build failed: D:\util\defold\branches\36859\23349\master\auxilary\Splash.jpgc (Не удается найти указанный файл)
D:\util\defold\branches\36859\23349\master\auxilary\Splash.jpgc (Не удается найти указанный файл)

When I remove “c” suffix it runs successfully, but I have this warning

And when if select file from the list, Defolds adds “c” to the end of it’s name, and all other references on game.project is suffixed with “c”, so I assume that’s how it is supposed to be. For some reason.

Yeah, Defold automatically adds a ‘c’ which I just assume stands for “compiled” or something similar.

So is your problem that it doesn’t work if the automatically added c is there? Or it just doesn’t make sense to you to add a ‘c’ at the end if you paste the path manually instead of choosing it from the “…” button?

Problem is that it refuses to work when I try to build for HTML if I use the variant with the suffix. Probably “Build HTML and Launch” is not aware about the “c” thing when working with splash_image.