Collada model missing faces

I am trying to import a Collada dae model exported from Blender into Defold. However, in Defold it is missing faces which have no issue rendering in blender:

0 Likes

Make sure you fix the normals before exporting.

2 Likes

I checked the normals and everything is fine in Blender as far as I can tell. All the faces have normals pointing out from the object.

0 Likes

Make sure the model has the same winding order of the triangles as you set in the render script.

render.enable_state(render.STATE_CULL_FACE) -- or disable it: render.disable_state(render.STATE_CULL_FACE)
render.set_cull_face(render.FACE_BACK) -- render.FACE_FRONT, render.FACE_FRONT_AND_BACK
1 Like

Thanks, I tried all the render face settings but none of them corrected the issue (and ruined some of my other models since I put it in the render loop.) I think this is an actual bug, do you know if anyone is interested in taking a look at the model file? I have the blender project + collada export.

0 Likes

Yes, please post the model source files and relevant other files.

1 Like

Here’s the Blender project and exported dae model. Thanks if you get a chance to look into it :slight_smile:

projectanddae.zip (104.2 KB)

0 Likes

I’m having further issues with the Collada model export. I have created a flying enemy in Blender but when I import it the model is just an empty cube with the proper scaling. It looks reasonable in Blender (pretty new to 3D art so it’s not spectactular :stuck_out_tongue: ) but I can’t see anything in Defold.

0 Likes