Can't Build Projects Unsatisfied Link Error

I’ve just downloaded Defold and to help me get to grips with it I’m trying to go through the basic tutorials but I can’t even build the projects to get started. I get the following error message the first time:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Defold\unpack\f475fdb0d7584c8615390a32c72d54ec20487cf8\x86_64-win32\lib\PVRTexLib.dll: Can’t find dependent libraries
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Defold\unpack\f475fdb0d7584c8615390a32c72d54ec20487cf8\x86_64-win32\lib\PVRTexLib.dll: Can’t find dependent libraries

And this one all subsequent times:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.defold.libs.TexcLibrary
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.defold.libs.TexcLibrary

I’ve tried running Defold as an administrator and from both, User, Desktop and Documents locations as I’d seen these things seem to have helped other people. But there’s no change whatsoever.

Help!
-Joe

Any ideas @vlaaad and @Mathias_Westerdahl?

I have no idea currently other than perhaps this workaround: https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/2518

1 Like

Yeah, we received report with same problem recently, there is indeed a workaround, we still need to investigate why it’s needed and what is wrong with dependency loader

Hey. I’ve tried to follow the workaround you suggested but I cant figure out how to reinstall the MSVCR file that seemed to fix the problem there.

I’ve found this guide;

but I can’t work out what exactly I need to uninstall as nothing in the programme list contains those characters. I’m guessing it’ll be one of the files to do with C++ but I’m not sure.

I’m a UI artist who’s trying to make their own stuff outside of work and my technical knowledge isn’t the best!

You can check if you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributables installed in add/remove programs.

If not, Simply go here and grab the latest vcredist_x64.exe
For 32-bit support, also get the vcredist_x86.exe

In my experience, both versions are needed for 64-bit operating system.

1 Like