Cannot get ios release build to install

I developed my project on linux and deployed it successfully on android. I took the code and brought it over to my mac to deploy there.

When I go to bundle -> ios application, I select my deployment certificate and provisioning profile. There’s no error during the bundle build.

I use ios-deploy to try to push it to my device, but I get “A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.” I created the production profile on the apple developer console and downloaded it to use.

I tried deploying to a simulator as well, using ios-sim install, but got the error “Invalid binary plist. Expected ‘bplist’ at offset 0.” (installing the .app directory instead of the ipa).

I uploaded the .ipa to the itunes store via application loader and it processed successfully, though (was just testing that).

Is there something I’m missing for a production deploy?

Thanks.

Hard to tell what’s wrong. Have you read our manual on iOS development? https://www.defold.com/manuals/ios/

I have, but what’s wild is it passed through apple’s checks and was accepted to be released on the itunes store. I had someone download it and it works ok.

Maybe I can’t install a production ipa via itunes, ios-deploy or the like.

I don’t exactly remember, but I think there’s 2 different kinds of certificates for production that you can get from Apple: One for Ad-Hoc Distribution (installable IPA) and one for App Store Distribution (which you can only install via App Store).

1 Like