Cannot generate Android version when admob extension is added to the project (SOLVED)

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Add the admob extension to the project, configure the project according using the instructions of this webpage https://www.defold.com/community/projects/93085/
  2. Go to Project->Bundle/Android Aplication
  3. Click on Create Bundle…
  4. The following error appears:

Expected behavior: The .apk file should be generated without problems

Defold version: version 1.2.161, editor sha1 5b7347f147a523d5a8e41e55f148527852d76b55, engine sha1: 45635ad26f85009c52905724e242cc92dd252146

Platforms: Android

Additional context: I have other extensions in my project: defblend, deffx

Other files: Full Android Manifest.mf

Other files: extensions

Try removing the gps extension, it’s meant to be added with a future release of Defold.

1 Like

Once we release 1.2.162 on Monday it should be needed.

I tried removing the gps extension and the result obtained is the same.

Please, do those steps (did you fetch libraries?):

• Remove link to gpg extension
  • Project -> Fetch Libraries
  • Try to bundle again
1 Like

(did you fetch libraries?):

yes,

Please, do those steps (did you fetch libraries?):

I followed your instructions and I get the same error.

Here are the libraries in my project:

20%20PM

Do you use your custom AndroidManifest.xml ?

1 Like

Yes,

I am using a custom manifest. (I think I started using this manifest for In App Purchases)

02%20AM

And the contents of the file:

Sorry, I can’t read it from the screenshot. Too much information.
Anyway, you need to update your AndroidManifest according to last changes (just copy-past our current default manifest and apply your custom changes to this new copy) or use default manifest.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, following these last instructions I was able to generate the apk file again. The problem is solved!

With recent improvements to the system for native extensions it’s usually quite rare that you need a custom manifest file. Why do you need it?

2 Likes

When I started programming the game (more than a year ago) the first thing I did was to try test the In-App Purchases. That led me to modify the manifest file. I didn’t work on that file again until I started working with Admob the last week.

I don’t think the custom file is necessary anymore.

2 Likes

Correct. Please try without it