Can not download iOS app (DEF-1386) (SOLVED)

When I try to download the iOS app from the Dashboard I get an error saying “Defold could not be downloaded at this time”. This happens on all devices I have tried and did not happen before the site update (I don’t think I have tried it before since the update).

I have not tried this in a while myself, but it sure sounds like a bug with the new site. @malin.careliusen should know more.

I tried downloading on my old iPad (iOS 7) and it works, but on the new iPad (iOS 9) it doesn’t, so it seems to be OS-related (I am currently updating the old one to see if it too gets the error after an update).

This is of course crucial to solve since we can’t really debug on device without it.

I have now confirmed that this is a bug with Defold and iOS9 by updating my old iPad. I was able to download the app both on iOS7 and iOS8, but when upgrading to iOS9 it starts the download, but when the meter reaches about 2/3 I get the error message “Unable to Download App” - “Defold could not be downloaded at this time”.

It might be something in the lines with this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32731054/ios-9-unable-to-download-app-name-at-this-time

Thanks for the report. We have logged this bug and will solve it as soon as possible.
DEF-1386

It’s a bug related to iOS 9 having stricter policies with bundle identifiers and manifest. It’s a pretty high priority issue to be fixed. Meanwhile there’s a workaround: set the bundle identifier to “dmengine”.

3 Likes

We just updated and restarted the server in order to update the download link to work on iOS 9. Please try it out and let us know if any problems arise. Thx!

2 Likes

Hi Mathias,

I’m afraid I’ve still this problem at:

iphone 5, os 8.2
iphone 6s+, os 9.2.1
ipad mini, os 8.2

Can you help me in some way?

Sorry I missed your post Peter!

I’ve just reverified that the iOS 9.1 and 8.1.1 and it worked fine for me.

I think this could be certificate related? On the 14th of February, Apples certificates expired, forcing every developer to update their apple certificate. Further info here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35390072/this-certificate-has-an-invalid-issuer-apple-push-services
and here
https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/

1 Like

This is acting up again…

1 Like

Ok, do you have any new details? Does it still work on iOS 7 and 8, but not 9?

1 Like

It is on my old iPad with iOS9. Unfortunately I am unable to log in to the dashboard right now to try and download a new version with another provisioning profile, it just reloads the page a couple of times and then says “A problem repeatedly occured on dahboard.defold.com/oauth”.

EDIT: After a lot of tries, I managed to login and the new version worked, so it was probably something with my provisioning profile, so please disregard this awakening of a long since retired thread

3 Likes

@sicher It’s happening again. I’m on iOS 10.3.3. Same error. Certificate problems again?

Can you bundle your iOS app using the installed signing identity and provisioning profile and are you able to install the bundled game in your phone?

Yes, that works without a problem.

Hmm, someone from the team needs to look at this tomorrow. @Mathias_Westerdahl, @sven have we made any changes to this process recently?

Just tried to “Sign and upload” and it worked. I’m also on iOS 10.3.3 (iPhone 6).

What error are you getting, “Defold could not be downloaded at this time”?

As of 10/19 I’m seeing this error: “Defold could not be downloaded at this time” on iPhone 6 running 10.3.3 when signing from the Defold 2 editor. It appears that signing from the Defold 1 editor works as intended.