Camera Offset Without Child Game Object (SOLVED)

Hey,

Is it at all possible to offset a camera inside a game object without putting it inside another game object and offsetting that? Normally I would just put the camera in a child game object, but in this scenario, the camera is included in a pre-built game object, and as far as I can see, it’s not possible to have a child game object inside of a pre-built game object.

Thanks.

I intend to just throw the camera into another game object, and sync the position of them both using messages, but I wondered if there was something more elegant I was overlooking.

You should be able to set the offset in the camera component in the editor, but not at runtime. You could however create a tiny collection with your hierarchy, where the camera is in a child game object, and spawn that.

1 Like

I think I might be missing something. I can’t see where you’d set the camera offset in the editor…

Is there some kind of value to put in manually that I haven’t spotted in the documentation?

You can’t modify the camera component offset. It will always be 0,0 of its parent.

You can create a small collection with just a game object with a camera component, and then you can change the offset of that game object.

I figured this was the case, I just wanted to double check. Thanks as always!

Sorry, my mistake.