Black screen is shown when building

Whenever I build a project, a black screen is shown.

It even happens when I create an entirely new project and run it, it only shows the black screen. I’ve bundled it for windows (since it’s the only thing I can test currently) and it does the same thing.

I tried opening the astronaut walking tutorial to see if it happens there, and it seems that the problem also appears there.

(There are 2 astronauts because I wanted to see what adding an extra object would do.)

Unlike the other ones, the object showed and it was just the background that had an issue. I’ve tried redownloading Defold multiple times, no change. However, this is not a problem when I build it has an HTML5. It only happens while using the engine.

The only time it had ever worked is when I downloaded this colyseus tic-tac-toe example: GitHub - endel/colyseus-tic-tac-toe: Turn-based multiplayer example powered by Colyseus

Has anyone else experienced this or know what’s going on? Thanks.

By the way, scripts work in game objects, for some reason sprites don’t show up/instances don’t appear.

Are you on Windows? Which graphics card do you have? It could possibly be the same issue as this one: Engine building error?(Please help me... I want to use this engine so much...) - #23 by Duppa_Weppa

I can’t check my graphics card at this moment but it seems that changing the resolution is making it visible. So I should change the resolution like what they did in the other post? Also yes, I’m on Windows.

Alright, I got the graphics card, it’s Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

Ok I’ve done the same thing and it works. Though it is inconvenient we have to do that until the bug is patched, it’s better than nothing.

Actually, I’ve found another problem regarding this. It seems that the bigger an object is, the smaller the window resolution you need. I think the best thing to do for now is to use HTML5 until the problem is fixed.

Woah… I think you’re having a similar problem with me. I’m a Windows user too, and haven’t found any nice solution yet. :sleepy:

The solution for changing the resolution worked for a bit, until I increased the size of of an object, so Im’m just gonna use HTML5 for now.