Apple Arcade

This looks like a nice thing. Surely a curated list of games is not a really bad idea.
I like the fact that the games will allow you to jump from desktop to phone and apple TV easily and all with no ads or in app purchase. Back to proper gaming I guess :slight_smile:

Seeing this, is there any plan to reconsider Apple Tv as a target for Defold?

7 Likes

I haven’t heard of Apple Arcade. I will reach out to our Platform Partnership team in SF and ask them to get in touch with Apple reps for more info. Thanks.

7 Likes

Apple Arcade is upon us. Personally I’ll go with it considering the very good line up of games so far.

Developers are outlining the effort to make games that will work on all 3 platforms (TV, mobile, desktop), especially interaction wise.

Are you guys considering it?

4 Likes

Yes.

What is the approval process for Apple Arcade? How do you get a game on to the platform?

1 Like

There is a submission form here https://developer.apple.com/contact/apple-arcade/

Beyond being lucky enough for them to notice you / knowing someone probably helps.

If a dev makes a game with Apple Arcade in mind I don’t see them not getting accepted as long as they are sincere about mechanics and quality. Should only submit new games only, and not plan to release on Android since it seems they only want new, exclusive releases.

The ideal situation right now would be to make it possible to release on Apple Arcade before this December as that is probably where the most money for devs on Apple Arcade will be made ever.

1 Like